Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Noticeboard » Introductions

Post subject: HI FROM PAKISTAN AND UAE
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm 
Hornet Baby

Hi everyone.

Ahmad here. I've been a silent reader of this site for a couple of months. It started when i came to UAE for career growth (I'm a Chartered accountant by profession) and after getting my license from Dubai (basically the toughest task i have ever done), i bought my dream machine (CB600 2006) back in December 2016. And i can assure you being from Pakistan, the land of 125 and 150cc's 'workhorse' bikes, this was SUCH a pleasure to have ridden this bike. Especially when i have been dreaming of this since ... childhood, basically.

I'm a HUGE fan of Retro looking bikes. And to me, the likes of CB400 Super Four, CB600 Hornets, CB1100's, CB1300's and Inazume 1300 are the pretties looking bikes EVER (IMO, of course).

Bought my 599, 2006, black (it's a USA import) with odo at just 12000kms. Brand New engine, basically. So far have done till 22000kms and loved each and every meters of it. Have cruised through every emirates of UAE (AbuDhabi is still pending), and the high reving engine just tickles your ... *ahem* parts.

Hoping for a positive response from the community.

Cheers.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am 
Hornet Lord

Hi Ahmad :wlcm

You have very good taste in motorcycles - the Hornet is an excellent choice! :angel

What is it like riding a motorcycle in the UAE?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am 
Hornet Baby

HOON98 wrote:
Hi Ahmad :wlcm

You have very good taste in motorcycles - the Hornet is an excellent choice! :angel

What is it like riding a motorcycle in the UAE?

Thanks for the vocal confidence brother.

Riding a motorcycle in UAE is ... well, 'limited fun'. There are carpet roads, one of the best in the world. They're lovely, beautiful, but very very dangerous at the same time. But then there are far too many rules to follow, too many speed cameras, police is very very strict, traffic fine amounts are crazy. There are, give or take, 3 or 4 mountain roads here. Don't forget about the extreme humidity (temps can cross 50C sometimes in summers). We have tracks in Dubai (Autodrome) and Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina), but track days are extremely expensive, so basically automatically exclusive for locals or hi-end foreigners.

I won't be wrong if i say it's a love hate relationship. There are many bikers here, but not enough good quality 24/7 communities.

So yeah, there it is ...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:50 pm 
Hornet Lord

Interesting - at least you have decent roads - since the global recession most of ours are full of potholes :angel

Board index » Noticeboard » Introductions