Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Noticeboard » Introductions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 am 

Well hello there hornet peeps :) I thought I would introduce myself and take advantage of the rare few weeks I am in ownership of two hornets (four if you count my husbands two).

Biking has always been in my blood due to my Dad's love of bikes. I bought a bike on my 16th birthday and passed my test some years later in the early 90's. My main ride was always a CBR but discovered the absolute obsession of being a Hornet owner last year (along with my OH and Brother-In-Law). I am excitedly awaiting delivery of an FA8 tomorrow morning at 7.30am, at which point there will be four... yes four Hornets here. A 2002 S (OH's), a 2003 white naked (hard to let go of, and you can often find me stroking her to get some relief from the awful Cornish wet miserable weather), and two FA8's - One blue, one red.

Here is a pic on my F3 white hooligan from last week. I hope to get involved in the forum now I have actually figured out how to join (and I'm a tech-head too).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 pm 
Needs to get out more!

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Love the photograph! I bet you have some fantastic roads and scenery in your neck of the woods.

Four Hornets? I doubt anyone on here can beat that! :angel

Like yourself I have experienced various bikes and currently own a CBR alongside my 1998 Hornet 600 but I can honestly say that out of all the bikes I've owned the best hands down has been the Hornet - it's easily the most fun plus it's the only bike I've ever owned that I have developed genuine affection for, something to do with it being more than the sum of it's parts or such like, which is why although other bikes have come and gone I never sold my Hornet! :angel

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 pm 
Darwin Award winner 2016

:wlcm to the nest Pigtigg :)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 am 
Knob Magnet

Hi and welcome in, I still have some bits of hornet left in my shed :p

370Steve

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:34 am 
Johnny English

welcome,

I am down St Ives every year , i attend the bike night there every Tuesday.

Love Cornwall :love :love ,,,,,

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 pm 

Thanks all for welcoming me. I’ve now taken the new f8 for a spin and she is lovely, but not quite as fun as the F3 due to being very smooth - oh but that smoothness is wonderful. I spend today cleaning and giving her some attention. I’m soooo attached to my old one and part of me doesn’t want to sell. Anyways, just wanted to follow up on your nice comments.

Board index » Noticeboard » Introductions