Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Bike related Non-Hornet Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I love this Custom CB750
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:18 am 
Offline
Needs to get out more!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:08 am
Posts: 1035
Location: In The Garage
Built by an Italian outfit called 'Rebellion of the Machines'.

Just ignore the pipe wrap :angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlD83XPoVG0


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
Hornet Lord

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 529
Location: Coventry/Sometimes Blackburn
Maybe its that blocky tail but this is pretty much the ONLY cafe racer I've actually liked (oh and steve's)
All the others look the same and to me is ruing perfectly good bikes to make them botched throwbacks.

I can appreciate the craftsmanship on the well done ones but still don't like the designs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 pm 
Offline
Needs to get out more!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:08 am
Posts: 1035
Location: In The Garage
anz243k wrote:
Maybe its that blocky tail but this is pretty much the ONLY cafe racer I've actually liked (oh and steve's)
All the others look the same and to me is ruing perfectly good bikes to make them botched throwbacks.

I can appreciate the craftsmanship on the well done ones but still don't like the designs.


Yeah I agree - I was initially intrigued by the novelty of the cafe scene (because I was bored with standard production machines) but now most of the cafe bikes turn me off - they seem to mostly consist of poor handling retro styling pastiches with inapropriate tyres and pointless modifications.

In contrast this CB750 is a decent bike because the builders are putting effort into improving the bikes performance as well as it's aesthetics (like Steve's machines) and for the most part form follows function rather than the other way round (note the R1 forks and brakes and the upgraded swigarm among other things) - like the custom 600 Fazer thread I posted a couple of weeks back - these two bikes handle and perform much better than the originals they are based upon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
Knob Magnet
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 9401
Location: Catterick, North Yorkshire
i like the build as a whole, it is very well built, BUTTttttttttttttttttttt

Them disks.......................................................WTF :Bad :ill :cry :blast :( :puke

_________________

370Steve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
Needs to get out more!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:08 am
Posts: 1035
Location: In The Garage
370steve wrote:
i like the build as a whole, it is very well built, BUTTttttttttttttttttttt

Them disks.......................................................WTF :Bad :ill :cry :blast :( :puke


LOL - yeah the discs are a tad 'eccentric' :lol


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
Hornet Lord

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 529
Location: Coventry/Sometimes Blackburn
HOON98 wrote:
370steve wrote:
i like the build as a whole, it is very well built, BUTTttttttttttttttttttt

Them disks.......................................................WTF :Bad :ill :cry :blast :( :puke


LOL - yeah the discs are a tad 'eccentric' :lol

There was a 8yr old mad max fan in that team! :D :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
Needs to get out more!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:08 am
Posts: 1035
Location: In The Garage
Yeah - the 'bling' front disc is completely at odds with the overall styling of the bike :notme


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » The Lighter Side » Bike related Non-Hornet Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron