Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gallery » Bike pictures




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:05 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:34 am
Posts: 16
So I picked up a 1998 Honda Hornet here in Finland a couple weeks ago (just moved here from the states for grad school).

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

It's my fourth real bike and I love it so far. I've already managed to replace the stock headlight and turn signals for Dominator Twin headlight and LED turn signals. It had a Micron exhaust and rear fender from the previous owner.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Hornet GOD!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:19 am
Posts: 3820
Location: STOCKPORT AREA
nice looking bike :clap and excellent back shots :clap :clap hope you have a timetable for the trains tho :angel otherwise :Bang :Bad :cry :cry :cry :cry

_________________
The honda hornet ... A proper bike for everyone,everyday,everytime ... You will never regret owning one


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:34 am
Posts: 16
APECAR wrote:
nice looking bike :clap and excellent back shots :clap :clap hope you have a timetable for the trains tho :angel otherwise :Bang :Bad :cry :cry :cry :cry


Thanks man! Yeah, luckily those tracks are rarely in use--never even seen a train on 'em. Might be a different story otherwise. :angel


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:36 am 
Offline
Hornet Warrior

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm
Posts: 145
Location: Stoke, Staffordshire
Very nice :clap

Liking the colour and the subtle mods, got many more plans for her?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:11 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:34 am
Posts: 16
Badger wrote:
Very nice :clap

Liking the colour and the subtle mods, got many more plans for her?


Thanks man! The only plans I have now are to paint the wheels black again. Previous owner painted them white and they don't match anything on the bike. :Bad

Oh yeah, and I'd like to get a rear case for longer trips. Just gotta find a good deal--those mounts are pricey!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
Hornet Warrior

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm
Posts: 145
Location: Stoke, Staffordshire
I personally think the contrast between the red and white is quite good, but after all, it's your bike and I'm not riding it :lol


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:49 pm 
Offline
Hornet Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Colombo
how dirty do the white rims get?

Im just curious coz i intend on painting my rims white/grey and im curious to know how dirty do white rims get?

Coz my black rims look dirty in 2-3 days of riding in the city.

_________________
***Motorcycles have a SOUL..... and to create them is a work of pure Passion
~ MV Augusta~

98 Hornet


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:34 am
Posts: 16
venomafiax wrote:
how dirty do the white rims get?

Im just curious coz i intend on painting my rims white/grey and im curious to know how dirty do white rims get?

Coz my black rims look dirty in 2-3 days of riding in the city.


They get pretty dirty. I made the mistake of using poor lube the first time and I still haven't got all the dark gunk off. :p Think of black rims, but 3x dirtier.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hornet in Finland
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:55 am 
Offline
Hornet Baby
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm
Posts: 28
MrAaro wrote:
venomafiax wrote:
how dirty do the white rims get?

Im just curious coz i intend on painting my rims white/grey and im curious to know how dirty do white rims get?

Coz my black rims look dirty in 2-3 days of riding in the city.


They get pretty dirty. I made the mistake of using poor lube the first time and I still haven't got all the dark gunk off. :p Think of black rims, but 3x dirtier.


Love the look of your bike :) I have the same one, with twin headlights and everything.

Still have it? Do you still live in Finland? :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Gallery » Bike pictures


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: