Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gallery » Bike pictures

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:23 pm 
Hornet Pilot

Bought my hornet a few years ago now, from Smiler on here, hoping she still uses the site?
Anyway, I've not posted much at all since then!
So here is a teeny update (not that much has changed).

Still loving the bike, and have convinced my other half to get into bikes now too, and he has a CBF125 at the moment, which he's pootling around on with me.

Got some luggage delivered today, ready to head to the TT at the end of next week! Will be my first time going! Anyone else going?
Managed to get it all fitted properly in the end - and put some heat protective fabric by the bit over the exhaust. Bike looks like it's ready for an adventure now!

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:03 am 
Hornet Baby

Hi, Nice bike & pictures :)

Need to go my other half riding!

Just want to know what luggage you have and where you got it from lol, doesn't look too bulky!

Can't wait to get away on the bike this year :)

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:52 pm 

I also really like the luggage and wouldn't mind a set, looks like one of those photos is down portishead lake ground?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm 
Hornet Pilot

Well spotted! Was indeed Portishead.

The luggage is the oxford first time panniers. 48 litres. Just about right for me and my other half to chuck in rain suits a change of clothes and some shoes! I ordered it from amazon from a seller called "motorbike monster". Nice and quick delivery. So far they have held up well!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:03 pm 
Hornet Baby

Ive been looking at those panniers. Do they not cook on the end can?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:51 pm 
Hornet Pilot

I wrap a heatproof mat between the pannier and the exhaust to try and stop that happening. So far, so good!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:01 pm 
Hornet Baby

Did you enjoy the TT? I was there on my Hornet - first time for the Hornet but third time for me - had a great time and managed 600 miles around the island in 6 days lol :)

Anyone know this beautiful location? :)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm 
Hornet Baby

Nice pics. The TT is one of the few places I haven't made it on a bike so far. My 919 has seen so many countries and yet hasn't made it just to IOM so far. Odd thought.

For those looking for luggage for their Hornet though, I'd suggest looking at Kriega. I've used in on ZX6R's, VFR's, CBR's, Daytona's and of course Hornets. Waterproof, tidy, easy to use and very very durable. It also takes care of those pesky cans by being away from them all together. Highly recommended.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm 
Hornet Pilot

Hi Skip,
Lovely picture! Is that the Calf of Man in the background? We stopped down there briefly, but I was on the back of my friends R1 that day, as the hornet was getting a new tyre fitted...
I had a great time, and definitely want to go again! So does my other half - he spent the whole week saying "I'll be on my own big bike next year!" wants to book his test as soon as possible now I think!

Houltmac,
Is the kriega one you use a tailpack? I had a pillion so couldn't use a tailpack. But would definitely consider it if I didn't have to take my other half on the back!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 pm 
Hornet Baby

Foxxy wrote:
Houltmac,
Is the kriega one you use a tailpack? I had a pillion so couldn't use a tailpack. But would definitely consider it if I didn't have to take my other half on the back!

It is, but you can use them in other ways. I use them as tailbacks when I'm solo, but with the Mrs I use one as a tank bag, another on the grab rail and she wears one of their backpacks (also highly recommended). Of course, for 2 week trips around the Alps we take the Sprint 1050 for the panniers and extra oomph, but on weekend trips we have "bags" of room ;)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:16 pm 
Hornet Baby

Foxxy wrote:
Hi Skip,
Lovely picture! Is that the Calf of Man in the background? We stopped down there briefly, but I was on the back of my friends R1 that day, as the hornet was getting a new tyre fitted...

It is indeed - a lovely location and on the day we went - lovely weather! Couldn't resist sneaking the bike though the wooden posts to take that picture :)

The Hornet was great around all aspects of the circuit - saw an indicated 130mph along the Mountain Mile but that was the only place it felt lacking in puff - loved every minute of riding it over there - in fact I love riding it everywhere! :lol

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:40 pm 
Hornet Pilot

Houltmac - sounds quite versatile! Will have a look into that :)

Skip - it would have been rude *not* to take the bike through to get that photo! haha I found the Hornet great on the island too! Only downside I found was the motorway journey there, and home was a bit on the blustery side. A friend I traveled with kept telling me it's because I need a bike with fairing.. So I accidentally bought a CBR600f when I got home. Just to compare the difference! Unfortunately now though, I like both bikes, and I'm not sure I'll be able to bring myself to sell the Hornet just yet!

The new addition to our growing Honda family...

Also, had the pleasure of meeting John McGuinness on Sunday - he is such a lovely guy!

Board index » Gallery » Bike pictures