Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Waffle

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 pm 
Hornet Warrior

Hi all,

I've been thinking about my Bluetooth intercom recently. It's an Interphone F5MC, and by the nature of it, is mounted to the side of the helmet and sticks out a bit.

My question is, do you think it poses a risk in the event of an accident? I question whether it would be physically possible for it to hit the ground as my shoulder looks like it would hit first, but I thought I'd get your opinions on it too.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:22 am 
Hornet Lord

What is the intercom like physically - is it a heavy solid item that could pierce the side of the helmet? (I haven't used one of these things so I don't know the details).

If it's a relatively light item it will probably just shatter/break off in the event of a serious off.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:24 pm 
Hornet Warrior

jolyjoe321 wrote:
Hi all,

I've been thinking about my Bluetooth intercom recently. It's an Interphone F5MC, and by the nature of it, is mounted to the side of the helmet and sticks out a bit.

My question is, do you think it poses a risk in the event of an accident? I question whether it would be physically possible for it to hit the ground as my shoulder looks like it would hit first, but I thought I'd get your opinions on it too.

Wahey!! I have one of those as well.

I reckon the foot print of the F5MC is large enough that it'll spread any force it receives and also, being plastic, it'd just scrape away.

There is a small chance that you could land on your front but with your head sideways and it catching but that could happen with other bits on your helmet as well.

Board index » The Lighter Side » Waffle