Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Waffle

Post subject: Leaving the Nest?
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 am 
That was some break!!!

I've been saddened that the Hornet Rallies have faded away and also recently been thinking of a change of bike style.

Took the plunge and bought a 2006 Moto Guzzi Nevada a week past Sunday and went to the Scottish Guzzy Rally last weekend.
It was at Thornhill where the last 'Highland Sting' was held. Its a large event so they have the camp site to themselves and hire the village hall with catering, bands and booze.

Had a few beers with some new friends at the Lion and Unicorn which brought back some good memories.
I missed the Hornet organised Rideout of 2014 as the Guzzi club only suggest routes but luckily a few of the guys took me on a beautiful circuit to Aberfeldy which was great.

Not sure how I feel about My Nevada. It's so lumpy after my super smooth 250 Hornet but I do like the social side and the Guzzi folk, like the Hornet crew, are lovely bunch.

Post subject: Re: Leaving the Nest?
 Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:33 am 
Needs to get out more!

Yeah, Guzzi is a real enthusiasts marque relative to most other motorcycle manufacturers so I guess the owners are a pretty tight knit bunch, if you are used to the IL4 engine then V twins can take a bit of getting used to what with the different torque/engine braking characteristics and the extra vibes etc.

My friend had a Guzzi, I can't remember what model but it was a really good looking, charismatic kind of bike.

Board index » The Lighter Side » Waffle