Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Waffle

Post subject: In the dark
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 pm 
Victor Meldrew

Over on the Honda Twins forum, I've been moaning about the daft US spec light switch(es) (off/dip/main all in a single slider on the handlebar switch ) on my two US import 175s, and how I've converted them to the much safer UK spec, separate light switch on headlamp shell, just dip/main on the bar switch.

This all rather came back to bite me in the arse last night. Rather than retype it, here's my posting on that forum.

Quote:
Talking about light switches, and the way in which it is possible to turn the lights off when going to dipped beam, on the US spec CB175 light switch.

I went out on the Hornet last night. On that bike, the dip switch is on the left side, along with the indicators. Light on/off switch is on the right.

It has a kill switch on the right bar, in the same position as the 175 dip switch. CB600 is a rocker switch. I think you may be able to guess the rest.

Turned into my friends dark road, went to switch to main beam, hit the kill switch. Realised what I'd done, when the engine stopped, flicked the kill switch back on, got the loudest back fire from the ( race can ) exhaust. Lucky it was November 5th, otherwise the armed response chaps would have been alerted ...

You missed the starting gun

Post subject: Re: In the dark
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 pm 
True Horneteer

From back in the late 90's - more innocent times when people still had a sense of humour :angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlXVCVMr_pk

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 am 
Victor Meldrew

Worth it just to read the comments from all the self righteous pr1cks condemning the bikers.

These days, it's t1ts in cars who make those sort of noises, something to do with wastegates and turbos, double clutches and paddle gear changes, all beyond me that stuff. I know my dog does not like it, and my wife always says that they sound like lawn mowers.

Audi R10 lawnmower anyone ?

You missed the starting gun

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:36 pm 
True Horneteer

That vid conjures up a lot of memories for me :angel - I was living (in crummy bedsits) and biking around central London at the same time in the mid-late 90s - although in those days I was on a Bandit 6 - the atmosphere was more relaxed and easy going then - before everything hit the fan economically and politically - these days (FROM 2019) I can't even take my 2001 CBR into Soho/central London unless I pay 17 quid emissions charge!!!! :evil

Quote:
These days, it's t1ts in cars who make those sort of noises, something to do with wastegates and turbos, double clutches and paddle gear changes

Yeah, a lot of these young guys seem to be more into the Japanese modded 'JDM' car culture than Japanese bikes these days - stuff like the RX7/Impreza/Civic/Skyline etc.

Board index » The Lighter Side » Waffle