Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 250 » Consumables

Post subject: Chain and Sprocket Kits
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:41 am 
Hornet Warrior

Looks like my bike needs a new kit so i am looking for Renthal.... or OEM.. anyone has experience with Renthal Sprocket kits or Better kit for Street Bikes
let me know

Rear Sprockets, 520 Pitch

:Pray

Last edited by KANE on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:33 am 
Hornet Warrior

Im using the Fuji Sprockets and a Normal chain (not Oring) it's name is EK

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:33 am 
Hornet Warrior

Thenura wrote:
Im using the Fuji Sprockets and a Normal chain (not Oring) it's name is EK

i know EK it is cheap but i want O ring and Sprocket kit, the BEST i can buy and it should be last long

one of my friends informed me that sprockets and chain(renthal) would be 10,000LKR.. i think Renthal is the BEST i can get??!! :Pray

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:08 pm 
Hornet GOD!

i have a gold anodised renthal sprocket and a tsubaki gold colour chain on my bike ( 600cc ) :D

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:09 pm 
Hornet Warrior

APECAR wrote:
i have a gold anodised renthal sprocket and a tsubaki gold colour chain on my bike ( 600cc ) :D

what they say is Renthal is good for race tracks but after that Motorcycle needs new stuff.... because they are aluminum they are not last long than Genuine Honda Sprockets, steel or metal
So i quickly changed my mind and bought Genuine Honda Sprockets, not colorful though
Chain: bought D.I.D Professional ORing 525V Gold Black with a master link, hope it's the best :Pray

one more thing i bough Gold Fren Rear Break Pads but Internet reviews about them..... BAD?! :Bang
why? :( i think i should wear them and Post my own experience ???!

Edit:
Pads

My Cam pics coming soon :p

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:11 am 
Hornet Warrior

I changed my sprockets and Chain too last week... will post a pic

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 am 
Hornet Warrior

heres a pic of the Chain and Sprockets... i settle for a 14t f/45t r ... since i live in the city i prefer better acceleration...

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/venomafiax/The%20Blue%20Hornet/DSCF1045.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/venomafiax/The%20Blue%20Hornet/DSCF1048.jpg

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:47 pm 
Hornet Warrior

venomafiax wrote:
heres a pic of the Chain and Sprockets... i settle for a 14t f/45t r ... since i live in the city i prefer better acceleration...

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/venomafiax/The%20Blue%20Hornet/DSCF1045.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/venomafiax/The%20Blue%20Hornet/DSCF1048.jpg

those sprockets are made in japan?
i bought everything genuine and cost me 15,000LKR :eek
today "new mechanic" changed them for 800LKR now everything looks perfect :oohlala

btw that most wanted sticker on your swinger is CooL!! :love

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 pm 
Hornet Warrior

KANE wrote:
venomafiax wrote:

today "new mechanic" changed them for 800LKR now everything looks perfect :oohlala

Yup they are stainless steel just like the Honda OEM's and are Japanese.... I like them because they look like renthals... they are quite good... rode to Hikkaduwa and back during the weekend they felt really good. :angel

I spent only 6900 LKR for the whole Kit... 700 Lkr to fix them.. thats half of what you paid and im quite happy... i think the genuine OEM's are too pricey :Bang and you end up paying double just for the brand and not the material! :blast

Thanks... i love that sticker had one on both sides but i use to have a low exhaust and it used to scratch the swing arm :Bang and so had to take the sticker off... and the swing arm looks nasty!

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:59 am 
Hornet Warrior

venomafiax wrote:
KANE wrote:
venomafiax wrote:

Yup they are stainless steel just like the Honda OEM's and are Japanese.... I like them because they look like renthals... they are quite good... rode to Hikkaduwa and back during the weekend they felt really good. :angel

I spent only 6900 LKR for the whole Kit... 700 Lkr to fix them.. thats half of what you paid and im quite happy... i think the genuine OEM's are too pricey :Bang and you end up paying double just for the brand and not the material! :blast

Thanks... i love that sticker had one on both sides but i use to have a low exhaust and it used to scratch the swing arm :Bang and so had to take the sticker off... and the swing arm looks nasty!

that's because i spent 8,000LKR for the DID O ring chain, it's really expensive and F*ing Heavy :eek

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:49 am 
Hornet Warrior

but hey im sure the O-ring wasnt that expensive... when i asked it was some 3000 LKR or around that price.... I wanted the O-ring too but then since i ride quite harsh my chain stretches quite fast and i cant be bothered changing the whole sprocket kit and chain all the time...
so ive decided to use 2 Chains for the life of a single sprocket kit... saving money lol!! :angel

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 am 
Hornet Warrior

Im using a OEM rear sprocket and a Fuji sprocket at front and that EK 520 chain ... not o ring... i had the OEM O ring chain . it was named as DID... DID 520 was 9000LKR at panchikawatta..using a worn sprocket at rear and a new sprocket on front caused to loose the chain everytime.. i should adjust it every week .. i have a brand new NK sprocket not used.. wanna try it with new chain and sprocket..

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 am 
Hornet Warrior

venomafiax wrote:
but hey im sure the O-ring wasnt that expensive... when i asked it was some 3000 LKR or around that price.... I wanted the O-ring too but then since i ride quite harsh my chain stretches quite fast and i cant be bothered changing the whole sprocket kit and chain all the time...
so ive decided to use 2 Chains for the life of a single sprocket kit... saving money lol!! :angel

Oring for 3000LKR? Impossible!!!!!
i got it for the best price, other places have the same thing for 9k like Thenura said :eek

Thenura wrote:
Im using a OEM rear sprocket and a Fuji sprocket at front and that EK 520 chain ... not o ring... i had the OEM O ring chain . it was named as DID... DID 520 was 9000LKR at panchikawatta..using a worn sprocket at rear and a new sprocket on front caused to loose the chain everytime.. i should adjust it every week .. i have a brand new NK sprocket not used.. wanna try it with new chain and sprocket..

mine is 525V, go for a O ring it's f*ing quiet when you ride :clap

here my pics

O ring w/ master link

New Rear Pads

Side View

Rear View
Merry Christmas Sweetheart!!! :oohlala

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:10 am 
Hornet Warrior

oops my bad sorry it was 6000 LKr.... lol!!!

anyway the sprockets look good and that Chain must be heavy... Looking goood.

get us a pic from the left hand side view....

We love Pics! :ahhdiddums

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:25 pm 
Hornet Lord

I won't go for aluminum chains or sprocket.. for me much better stick with OEM or any aftermarket steel parts

yeah they don't look good but gives you better quality..

aluminum softer than steel...

just me...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:07 am 
Hornet Warrior

Yup aluminium wears really fast. I recently changed my chains and sprockets. I just needed something that worked since i used my bike as my work horse, i use it everyday actually.
This is what i went for, Stainless steel sprockets and EK chain... used it for about 4000km now and i think it does the job :angel

and what it looks like on the bike

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:48 am 
Hornet Lord

Nice EK chains.. you didn't like the gold x ring EK chains?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm 
Hornet Warrior

forcemajeure wrote:
Nice EK chains.. you didn't like the gold x ring EK chains?

It looked too fancy plus costs alot more... just needed something that could do the job, wouldnt cost much and easily replaceable.

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:59 am 
Hornet Baby

KANE wrote:
APECAR wrote:

what they say is Renthal is good for race tracks but after that Motorcycle needs new stuff.... because they are aluminum they are not last long than Genuine Honda Sprockets, steel or metal
So i quickly changed my mind and bought Genuine Honda Sprockets, not colorful though
Chain: bought D.I.D Professional ORing 525V Gold Black with a master link, hope it's the best :Pray

one more thing i bough Gold Fren Rear Break Pads but Internet reviews about them..... BAD?! :Bang
why? :( i think i should wear them and Post my own experience ???!

Edit:
Pads

My Cam pics coming soon :p

Machan, from where you bought the genuine kit? is the front sprocket has the rubber as the fty fitted one?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 am 
Hornet Warrior

Genuine front sprocket has two rubber parts attached to both sides, it'll give you more silent drive than other sprockets
Today i have change mine to THAT front and SuperSpokx Stealth 52T Gold-Black Rear which has aluminum inner and steel Outer
very fancy, expensive, strong and light weight
Front: Genuine 14T
Rear: SuperSprox Stealth 52T
Chain: DID Oring 120L GOLD

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:32 pm 

KANE wrote:
Today i have change mine to THAT front and SuperSpokx Stealth 52T Gold-Black Rear

So how does it feel? Can you feel any change in acceleration? Hope to read your impressions soon... 8o

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 pm 
Johnny English

I only use DID chains , with JTS sprockets ,

tend to last me the longest

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:38 am 
Hornet Warrior

Feel like i'm walking on air :love
i hear nothing, its all about front sprocket with rubber plates on both side. no sound at all and acceleration is really great. YES i have to change all gears pretty soon but i didn't notice anything about loosing top speed. its because i am in a town where has no Hwy, no straight roads, all bend.. max <1Km straight
i'll update top speed as soon as i get to a main road but right now THIS rear is pretty awesome. when i accelerate on 1st, 2nd gear i see all the weight go back and front forks stretch and getting ready to front wheel up in anytime :copper

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:45 am 
Hornet Warrior

Here Enjoy my two old and New Sprockets, Comparison, Closeups

Old and New

Old On Top

Closeup, Aluminum inner/Gold, Steel Outer/Black

Genuine Front with Rubber

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 am 

KANE wrote:
i'll update top speed as soon as i get to a main road

Remember, if you use the original speedo, the indicated speed will be way off now. As far as I know the speedo is mechanically connected to the front sprocket. At any time and in any gear your front sprocket would have to spin about 15% more revolutions/time with your new (larger) rear sprocket to achieve the same actual road speed as with your old (smaller) rear sprocket. Maybe check your real speed with a GPS device.

Board index » Hornet 250 » Consumables