Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 250 » Consumables




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 am 
 
hi guys my hornet 250 has bridgestone battleax hyper sports on it and wonder wat best pressures for em as they feel rock solid yet the front is only saying 27 and rear 31 it is out the gauge but dno by how much n i dnt wanan pump them more cos they might blow as they feel rock solid pumped up.


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:13 pm
Posts: 577
Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
The Hornet 250 manual says...
front: 225kPa / 2.25Bar / 33psi
rear: 250kPa / 2.50Bar / 37psi


But check the numbers on your tyres. Maybe the manufacturer suggests slightly different pressure values.
I usually pump between 36 and 38psi on the front, 40 and 42psi at the rear.

_________________
Image
A redline a day keeps carbon away.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:12 pm 
 
ok tht sounds really high when the tyres already feel fully pumped up but ill try it. forgive my paranoia lol im alwasy too safety concious when everytihngs really ok :lol


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:30 pm 
Offline
Hornet Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Posts: 681
Location: Manila, Philippines
you will also need to consider your body weight...

for me I'm using 33 front and 38 psi on rear

I'm about 70 kilos


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Hornet Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Colombo
forcemajeure wrote:
you will also need to consider your body weight...

for me I'm using 33 front and 38 psi on rear

I'm about 70 kilos


You can pump more air in... im about the same weight... i do 36 front and 42 Back...

remember the brakes and handling work best when the tires are inflated well... makes a noticeable difference

_________________
***Motorcycles have a SOUL..... and to create them is a work of pure Passion
~ MV Augusta~

98 Hornet


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
Hornet Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Posts: 681
Location: Manila, Philippines
that's the recommended pressure for my pirelli diablo corsa tires... but I wanted to have a softer ride.. I will try 35 and 40 next time


Last edited by forcemajeure on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am 
 
yea im about 78kg. and form wht i mreadiny u post even thou the tyres feel full on rock hard they can stil ltake alot more pumping
ill admit my foot pump isnt tht accrate so it could ready b higher then it is


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am 
 
right i looked at tires n it says max load 42 at both ends???? so i guess i could try a 32 and 36 i just dno if they burst as they feel rock solid


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm 
Offline
Hornet Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Colombo
the dark hornet wrote:
right i looked at tires n it says max load 42 at both ends???? so i guess i could try a 32 and 36 i just dno if they burst as they feel rock solid


No they wont burst.. dont worry....
Today my bike wasnt moving well... takes alot of Revs to get me going... so i went to gas station to check my Air and F*$% me it was 12psi :blast ... i was wondering how this happened and i then found a Nail :Bang sticking out... trust me with 12psi... the tyre still felt hard..

got to the tyre shop... pulled the darn thing out (2 inches of it) and then put a temporary puncture... Looking forward to ironing the insides over the weekend... there goes more money...

So ya... you can go all the way to 42... no probs... but nothing more than that

_________________
***Motorcycles have a SOUL..... and to create them is a work of pure Passion
~ MV Augusta~

98 Hornet


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 pm 
 
thnsk tht helped my nerves massive it just my cbf125 at mo the lsighest loss of pressure n u can easily press on it n it feel soft but ok ill pump as much as i can :angel


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 am 
Offline
Hornet Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Posts: 681
Location: Manila, Philippines
venomafiax wrote:
the dark hornet wrote:
right i looked at tires n it says max load 42 at both ends???? so i guess i could try a 32 and 36 i just dno if they burst as they feel rock solid


No they wont burst.. dont worry....
Today my bike wasnt moving well... takes alot of Revs to get me going... so i went to gas station to check my Air and F*$% me it was 12psi :blast ... i was wondering how this happened and i then found a Nail :Bang sticking out... trust me with 12psi... the tyre still felt hard..

got to the tyre shop... pulled the darn thing out (2 inches of it) and then put a temporary puncture... Looking forward to ironing the insides over the weekend... there goes more money...

So ya... you can go all the way to 42... no probs... but nothing more than that


This is so true remember my thread about 13 kilometers per liter?

My tire pressure was at 15 psi, m gonna check my tires on monday


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:50 am 
Offline
Hornet Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Posts: 681
Location: Manila, Philippines
the dark hornet wrote:
thnsk tht helped my nerves massive it just my cbf125 at mo the lsighest loss of pressure n u can easily press on it n it feel soft but ok ill pump as much as i can :angel


Go to a gas station with air compressor for inflating tires


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tyre pressures
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 am 
 
will do im sure there more accurate to


Top 
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Hornet 250 » Consumables


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: