Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 250 » General chat

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 am 
Hornet Lord

guys,

I have few questions about the 1996 hornet 250's gauge panel.. originally they dont have

a fuel gauge right?

so if I'm gonna buy one with the fuel gauge..will it work on my 1996 hornet?

I saw some gauge panel from alibaba.com dhgate.com but they are made in china and not oems but looks like oem...

anyone bought those kind of gauge panels? the china made ones?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am 

As mentioned at some other place in this forum, I have bought such a gauge off eBay (or AliBaba?! ...forgot where :hat ). I was not very happy with it. Sold it again and got the Koso instead.

If you have a 1996 Hornet, go for a suitable gauge model. There are white ones (e.g. like this), with temperature gauge instead of fuel gauge. The fuel gauge would not work on your bike.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 pm 
Hornet Warrior

forcemajeure wrote:
guys,

I have few questions about the 1996 hornet 250's gauge panel.. originally they dont have

a fuel gauge right?

so if I'm gonna buy one with the fuel gauge..will it work on my 1996 hornet?

I saw some gauge panel from alibaba.com dhgate.com but they are made in china and not oems but looks like oem...

anyone bought those kind of gauge panels? the china made ones?

The later models of the Hornet did come with a Fuel Guage. I assume its the Chassis number CH 120xxxx onwards.

however you dont have to change the whole Unit. You can simply change just the Dials only. If you fix the Dial of a Newer Model hornet you will have to Keep in mind that the Fuel indicator is actually your Temperature indicator :blast ... Like on mine :angel

98 Hornet

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 pm 
Hornet Lord

thanks a lot borsch and venom

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 pm 

When i bought my hornet 250 ch 115 (white gauge) it didn't had a temp meter inside of it. After using it for several days realized that meter is changed by a duplicate set and they've changed the white dials... Can i fix or insert a temp gauge back ?

Venom/ Hornet warrior - do you know any place that can fix my problem down in SL ? How much it would be ?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:39 pm 
Hornet Lord

Lilzackie wrote:
When i bought my hornet 250 ch 115 (white gauge) it didn't had a temp meter inside of it. After using it for several days realized that meter is changed by a duplicate set and they've changed the white dials... Can i fix or insert a temp gauge back ?

Venom/ Hornet warrior - do you know any place that can fix my problem down in SL ? How much it would be ?

for me I installed another temperature gauge... an analog please refer to this link, my OEM temp gauge still works, but sometimes it does tend to stop working, so decided to install another one, no drilling required, i just stick em to my radiator so far quite near the real thing, if the 2nd analog temp gauge shoots up to 110c i need to stop and check, so far it only stays at 98c, but if im stuck on traffic it will definitely go more than 100c so I need to turn on my radiator fan switch

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=anal ... ge&imgrc=_

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 pm 

Wow that would be a great solution to my case forcemajeure.. Can you please please give me some instructions to install a temp guage... Did you ordered it from ebay or where else ? How did it you fix it to the bike ? Can you post some pictures ? Im in the deepest trouble without having a temp guage here... :Bang

p.s - By the way ill upload some photos of my bike..

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:39 am 

My lil baby.. :ahhdiddums

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:40 pm 
Hornet Lord

Lilzackie wrote:
Wow that would be a great solution to my case forcemajeure.. Can you please please give me some instructions to install a temp guage... Did you ordered it from ebay or where else ? How did it you fix it to the bike ? Can you post some pictures ? Im in the deepest trouble without having a temp guage here... :Bang

p.s - By the way ill upload some photos of my bike..

I just saw the analog temp gauge on our local motorcyle shop, it is actually for engine oil temp, but it can read up to 120C celcious i think... i'll check next time and post the pics...

you just need to stick this to the radiator and it works well for me...

Board index » Hornet 250 » General chat