Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 250 » General chat

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:06 am 

Hey guys as you know i have a hornet 250 ch-115. Within few days it started to increase and decrease the brightness of lights (including brake signal even the side stand indicator) while resting on the idle. (between 1.5-1.8 rpm) Its not happening when key on and not engine stated. only when idling. Is it because increase and decrease of voltage ? What would be the issue ?? or is it normal or nothing to worry ? :help

p.m I've replaced meter's old pilament bulbs to LEDs. Is that causing it because of low wattage ?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 pm 
Hornet Warrior

I don't think it's necessarily a big problem, but it's down to the alternator needing more power for the lights whilst the engines running (Alternators powers everything when the bike is running)
I know mine certainly does it, although if it's dipping in and out to extremes, it could be the reg/rec not putting out enough when the bike is sucking up more electricity.
Get a multimeter on the battery whilst the bikes running and make sure the output to the battery is between 13.5 - 14.5 whilst the bike is running, and switch the lights on after a bit and see if it keeps the output in that range.
If it's dropping below 13.5 - might be a problem with the reg/rec or possible alternator. 8o

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 pm 
Hornet Warrior

So it's normal for the lights to dim a little?

Mine don't really dim at all, but they're an aftermarket white/blue colour (no idea what, came with the bike), I'll try and get a pic at some point to show!

Board index » Hornet 250 » General chat