Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 600/599 » General chat

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:05 pm 
Hornet Warrior

Thinking about selling my F3 hornet since it is not compliant with the london ULEZ tax (plus i want to replace it with something newer anyway) and wanted a few opinions on what you guys reckon i might get for it:

Its been used as a daily work horse/commuter for the last 9 years or so, just coming up for 79K miles.
Mechanically everything has been maintained and its still a good reliable bike

Cosmetically its in poor condition, tail fairing scratched/cracked, engine casings scratched a couple of dents in the tank ripped seat mismatched mirrors....etc etc
The bike is pretty much standard, apart from a few minor mods( can, MCCT etc)

Obviously im not expecting much due to the mileage and cosmetic appearance but wanted some opinions on what you guys recon.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 am 
True Horneteer

The following is just my opinion based on regular visits to Gumtree, Autotrader etc.

The cosmetics are not a big deal but the mileage is on the high side (for someone looking for a commuter bike who wants to dump at least another 40k on it) - so I would say 700 to 800 quid (I would put it in at 700 if I needed to get rid of it fast).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:58 pm 

If it's just the new London tax making you sell have alook at this:
https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/plenty-of-pre-2007-motorcycles-are-passing-the-ulez-exemptions-test/

You might get away with dodging the ULEZ tax.....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 pm 
Hornet Warrior

Thanks danvman

Yeah i did some research into that yes i should be able to avoid tge ulez if i request the documents from honda showing the nox levels under 0.15

Hoon98

Thanks
I wasnt expecting that much to be fair but i guess i can always put it on ebay and see if it gets any takers

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:39 pm 
True Horneteer

Quote:
Hoon98

Thanks
I wasnt expecting that much to be fair but i guess i can always put it on ebay and see if it gets any takers

Maybe you should hang onto it if you don't need the cash and have the room? Just SORN it and maybe return to it at some point in the future and do a resto/custom/project or just treat it as a useful spare bike? :D

Board index » Hornet 600/599 » General chat