Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Build and Serious Modification Section

Post subject: Re: Eeeeeeeeee FE
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:26 pm 
True Horneteer

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. There really are some w*nkers out there, spoils it for the rest of us.

Yep - I remember reading (so it must be true) about a bike shop owner who part-exed a bike to a customer in exchange for one of the shop's used bikes - the customer's part exed bike appeared to be ok and the engine sounded ok, seemed to be exhibiting decent compression etc - it was only after the customer cleared off with his new bike that the shop discovered, upon a more detailed examination of the part-exed bike, that the engine was in a seriously bad way and that one of the bikes pistons had an old tennis ball stretched over it to make fake compression!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 pm 
Knob Magnet

ok, quick shot with some of her clothes on 

370Steve

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:16 pm 
Knob Magnet

as the front end was off the GS, it would be rude not to borrow the front wheel to aid with stance progression

ended up with seat at almost the same height as the GS, swing arm is also almost the same angle from the horizontal.

think i will go with this set up as i am happy with it as a start point .

370Steve

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 pm 
Knob Magnet

couldnt find a seat latch to fit the EFE, so went looking for anything that looked close! came across the one from a GSX600F, found one for the exorbitant "buy it now" price of £4,

couldnt go wrong with that, so got it

it has just arrived, got it fitted and it is a perfect fit, will need to sort some sort of lever to fit on the inside of the grab rail to opperate it, but happy with it all the same.

have also been looking for the pillion seat loop, no luck with that! so i am going to make one, had a look at the mounting point and dont think it will take much to get one sorted    :)

370Steve

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm 
Knob Magnet

after a few days of doing other Family related things, i got on with cleaning the black plastic i had asked tips about, seems that when i went digging in my cuboard of tricks

i came across some Autoglym rubber and vinyl cleaner, gave it a try and am well pleased with the end result   :)

build is now going on hold for spendings!! i will carry on with the frame work for now, so bracing and rear suspension mounts will be getting sorted, coz they need to be done and i know what i want with them.

the build wish list is about to change, i should soon inherit a cut of my mums Estate, so i will be altering the wish list to quality parts in account of the new spending power coming my way. 

370Steve

Board index » The Lighter Side » Build and Serious Modification Section