Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Build and Serious Modification Section

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 pm 
Hornet Baby

Well back in Feb I fancied streetfighting a Hornet. But not my own. So one night I looked on flea bay and lo and behold, posted for that night only (weird) was the bike I subsequently bought. Running but needed tidying. Below is a pic of the most interesting bit as I really liked the direction the guy was going:

Anyway it now wears levers from Hong Kong, mirrors from Singapore, carbon mudguard, new indicators all round (now sadly not made but I bought NOS), new grips, new risers, seat recovered, repair to supplied hugger, cut down and resprayed side panels, fully serviced (not by me) and as the stantions were pitted I had the forks rechromed (Suzuki TL1000) bottoms resprayed, new internals by Maxton. It's not quite there - new lights and brackets to come, cable at rear of subframe needs tidying and piece of steel holding clocks need remaking as too thin. Anyway let me know what you think - it's pleasingly loud and I've taken to riding it around with an open faced helmet and Batman 'Joker' neoprene mask.

.................and here are my other two. Jez

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:33 pm 
Hornet Warrior

hi,cool bike,and lovely collection of toys you have,if you ask me your greedy :D only joking,just jealous :) but i think your streetfighter would look a completely different bike if you added a braced swingarm to complete the look ,just my opinion mind :blahblah

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 pm 
Hornet GOD!

:evil now that notice plate is :thumbup

as for the bobber seat style imo :Bad :puke

but its sumert different :D

i like different :angel

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 pm 
Hornet Warrior

Awesome bike mate ,love the pipe mod ! That sign will make teenagers and drunks want to touch your bike cause it says not to .It's like waving a red flag at a bull ...

2001 CB600FS - lamborghini nero nemesis paint ,Twin 5 3/4" headlights,Renthal ultra lows ,Danmoto pipe ,integrated tail lights ,Koso speedo ,Koso temp gauge ,Killerglass,DID X ring chain ,Silicone hoses ,Venhill brake lines ,MetalGear discs and pads.

2007 CB900f with Staintune pipes

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:32 pm 
Hornet Warrior

You got video/Audio of the pipe? ( im guessing its loud)

2001 CB600FS - lamborghini nero nemesis paint ,Twin 5 3/4" headlights,Renthal ultra lows ,Danmoto pipe ,integrated tail lights ,Koso speedo ,Koso temp gauge ,Killerglass,DID X ring chain ,Silicone hoses ,Venhill brake lines ,MetalGear discs and pads.

2007 CB900f with Staintune pipes

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 pm 

:clap :clap Looking Good hun

Nice to see another Hornet with an Individual Stlye :)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 pm 
Forum Police

Other than the plate looks really good! However I'd smooth the under side of the seat so you cannot see the frame, and maybe change the tank.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:21 pm 
Hornet Baby

Well Hornet warrior - as soon as I read your comment I realised what it needed was a satin black powdercoated braced swingarm. Bugger. But for now I believe I need new discs and so I'm off shopping. Still undecided over lights. Watch this space. And for those who missed it - see waffle - as pictured in MCN recently. Oh my good God! Jez.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:52 pm 
Hornet Pilot

:clap So Good, I was made up when I clocked this, nice one. Seems great minds think alike ! I am in process of a custom project. I am quite new to the nest and was slowly looking through older build threads, when I came accross yours, I was so pleased to see someone else with similar designs as me, I too have chopped back the tail section as you have !

You have done a fantastic job there mate, I love it, especially what you've done with the seat, its great :D

I like the way you've underslung the pipe too, it some how balances out the whole thing.

Board index » The Lighter Side » Build and Serious Modification Section