Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Lighter Side » Build and Serious Modification Section

Post subject: Project..Rosie Rocket
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:55 am 
Scratcher2

okay so back last year i started project Rosie Rocket

the idea was to take my CBR 600 1997 from road to track
we decided against just selling the road bike and buying a track bike because for 2 reasons
1. it was my first ever 'big' bike and the second bike i ever owned the other being a 50cc
2. if we built it we knew it was correct

a bit of background-
rosie named rosie first because her number plate starts with r then i kept the name after i decided rosie was the type of bike to always try and never gave up no matter how hard i was just like a girl i know called rosie that wouldnt give up trying to become my girlfriend (never happened) so rosie must be a name for people that never give up :D

rosie came to my posession in yellow attire with black band on the bottom and was in a bit of a way but i didnt know it yet other than a few cracks in the aftermarket paint. the first day i picked her up, with my dad driving as i was still 16 we rode her the 2 miles home to find the oil filter to be leaking quite bad so back we went for a new filter, the start of many a problem...

my dad rode rosie untill i got my licence or so that was the idea, by now i was 17 and he had been riding her for a few months when i got home from college to find my pride and joy at the front of the house smashed battered and muddy. after a call to my dad to check he was fine i found he overtook a lorry that was wrongly loaded which slid over and forced him into a hedge or under its wheels he chose hedge and a co worker that was behind him said he flew around 6ft and so evil Knievel he was knicknamed.

after getting cat c and being sold back to me by the insurance i stripped the bike down took off the fairing and the wheels sent the wheels for powder coating and the front fairing for gloss black paint after being shot blasted down so the paint would be perfect and sprayed the rubbish seat units myself due to them being replaced later down the line a new carbon mudguard to replace the broken front, i passed my test and fitted some 33bhp restrictors,they may or may not have been removed within 3 months ;)

a year later im used to the bike happily slide it into corners to show off and do the odd wheelie it went through a stator as it melted one the previous owner had installed with 5amp wires and i had tidied up the messy wires were most were twisted together so i soldered them up. got rid of the side stand kill switch which i broke jumping a hump back bridge at 90 oops.

around December of 2011 i got caught doubling the speed limit i usually triple it down that road but was coming back from hospital after seeing a relative and having an argument with my girlfriend so was 'taking it easy' so after the police accused me of having NOS :rollin which was the rear shock adjuster off to court for 4 points and a fine.

i slowed down after that and my parents said they would help me go track side :D i bought my grandads hornet off him and started to srip down the cbr over winter, money issues arose and the bike sat there just a frame for some months it was only 3 weeks before my first race the bike got back from powder coating and the build began :)

i will be posting pictures but im currently on a break at work and they get charged if i abuse the internet :( unfortunately due to the speed the bike was re assembled there are more pics of it being taken apart than it being built

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 am 
Scratcher2

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q54 ... mage-2.jpg

just a teaser but how do i get it as an image and not a link? im not very good with photobucket.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 am 
Knob Magnet

370Steve

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:26 pm 
Hornet Lord

What Steve did:
Code:
[rsimg]http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q541/jackojeff/image-2.jpg[/rsimg]

Half the wheels, double the fun!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm 
Scratcher2

the engine was ripped out to be used at anglesey in a friends bike for the final race of the season which iirc he cam 3rd

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:31 pm 
Hornet Lord

So with your NOS you should be able to finish first. And I bet you flip the NOS on with that red switch on the handlebars!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:00 pm 
Scratcher2

so we got it all finished and i fell off at church top of 4th gear just about to click into 5th and the back end dissapeared

the result of said crash to my behind

before the crash

oulton park race day

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:07 pm 
Scratcher2

specs

engine-
polish and ported to supersport spec
inlet camshaft on the exhaust side
re-jetted
standard exhaust headers

brakes-
HEL braided lines
cbr1000rr 2011 radial master cylinder
sbs race pads
ebc prolite discs

suspension-
front forks rebuilt with racetec linear springs weighted to 9.0
standard rear

subframe has had 2.5 lbs removed
racing rearsets
scitsu tacho and temp guage
total loss wiring system
stand alone fuel pump

to be done-
r6 1/6th throttle
custom race pipe
new fairings
new rear suspension

powder coat dog bone links maybe bright red

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:00 am 
Scratcher2

ScHAmPi wrote:
So with your NOS you should be able to finish first. And I bet you flip the NOS on with that red switch on the handlebars!

:rollin i nearly told them if i had nos i wouldnt be sat in the back of a police car but it wouldnt go down well the laughing before educating them what my nos bottle really was, they then proceeded to look for a tax disc on the right and asked me were the tax disc was to which i replied on the correct side of the bike meh i was off to court it was time to give em trouble :D when asked when my last drink was i told them at 4am (it was 10pm when i got pulled over) and when they asked how much i had drank i said enough not to know :angel he gave me a funny look so i told the truth i spent £50 on spirits and corona :Bad he wasnt a happy piggy at my excessive drinking then proceeded to forget to breathalise me!

Oh and when they left me by the side of the road it started snowing, i was safer speeding than 20mph in snow on Pirelli sports tyres

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:03 pm 
Scratcher2

I forgot to mention every bearing on the bike apert from the engine has been changed

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm 
Hornet Lord

jackojeff wrote:
:rollin i nearly told them if i had nos i wouldnt be sat in the back of a police car but it wouldnt go down well the laughing before educating them what my nos bottle really was, they then proceeded to look for a tax disc on the right and asked me were the tax disc was to which i replied on the correct side of the bike meh i was off to court it was time to give em trouble :D when asked when my last drink was i told them at 4am (it was 10pm when i got pulled over) and when they asked how much i had drank i said enough not to know :angel he gave me a funny look so i told the truth i spent £50 on spirits and corona :Bad he wasnt a happy piggy at my excessive drinking then proceeded to forget to breathalise me!

Oh and when they left me by the side of the road it started snowing, i was safer speeding than 20mph in snow on Pirelli sports tyres

Funny stories :D. But in the end they're just doing their jobs... It's very tempting to me too, but I guess it doesn't help anyone to make fun of them. Being polite always helps your case.

Last edited by ScHAmPi on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:37 pm 
Scratcher2

ScHAmPi wrote:
jackojeff wrote:
ScHAmPi wrote:

Funny stories :D. But in the end they're just doing their jobs... It's very tempting to me too, but I guess it doesn't help anyone to make fun of them. Being polite always helps your case.

Unfortunatley my situation wasnt that way i was very polite until he asked about nos and in his report said my attitude towards them was exceptional this is why he said if i gave in my producer i would get 3 points and £60 fine which he would give to me himself and then i handed in the producer and he said he never said that and i was off to court now im rather nasty and defensive against them they seem to want to be on their way rather than deal with me in a correct manner but i never condone treating them that way :( shame the way the system is these days

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:25 pm 
Hornet Lord

jackojeff wrote:
Unfortunatley my situation wasnt that way i was very polite until he asked about nos and in his report said my attitude towards them was exceptional this is why he said if i gave in my producer i would get 3 points and £60 fine which he would give to me himself and then i handed in the producer and he said he never said that and i was off to court now im rather nasty and defensive against them they seem to want to be on their way rather than deal with me in a correct manner but i never condone treating them that way :( shame the way the system is these days

Excuse my ignorance but what is a producer?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:07 pm 
Scratcher2

ScHAmPi wrote:
jackojeff wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a producer?

You from the uk?

Basicaly i didnt have my livence or insurance on me and the dvla had t recieved my papers for the bike going into my name and my dads insurance was still running which meant they couldnt find me so they gave me a producer basically i had to get proof of all info they asked for and take it to my nearest police station and if i didnt i would have got in trouble

Someone doesnt get into trouble...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:24 pm 
Hornet Lord

jackojeff wrote:
You from the uk?

Basicaly i didnt have my livence or insurance on me and the dvla had t recieved my papers for the bike going into my name and my dads insurance was still running which meant they couldnt find me so they gave me a producer basically i had to get proof of all info they asked for and take it to my nearest police station and if i didnt i would have got in trouble

Nope I'm Belgian. English isn't my native tongue, so yeah, sometimes I need a vocabulary lesson :angel . I did google around for a definition before I asked but didn't find one. At least not without linking it to "license".

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 pm 
Scratcher2

ScHAmPi wrote:
jackojeff wrote:
You from the uk?

Nope I'm Belgian. English isn't my native tongue, so yeah, sometimes I need a vocabulary lesson :angel . I did google around for a definition before I asked but didn't find one. At least not without linking it to "license".

Was just checking and i went on thinking you was english sorry

I didnt have documents so i had to go to the police within 7 days and show them my licence etc :) hope that clears it up and i hope if you every come to wngland youdont get given one

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 pm 
Hornet Lord

jackojeff wrote:
Was just checking and i went on thinking you was english sorry

No problem man, can't blame you. This is a UK based forum after all.

jackojeff wrote:
I didnt have documents so i had to go to the police within 7 days and show them my licence etc :) hope that clears it up and i hope if you every come to wngland youdont get given one

I'll let you know if it does happen...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:29 am 
Scratcher2

went racing at three sisters with pdmcc this is the last race of the day in the steel frame class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiJr9CkMHKQ

first race of the day someone fell off and smashed up my can so off to the exhaust place for a custom system it goes

tidied some wiring last night so it doesnt look like its been stolen by teenagers

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:56 am 
Scratcher2

Cadwell park in october 2013

We have take off :) just abouts

Repping 93 the year the best motorcyclists were born ;)

Time for more power and bling over the winter -

Now got -
Ses clipons
Samco hoses
Titanium sprocket nuts
Titanium rear brake bolts
Hrc throttle
Hrc starter/kill switch
Orange wheels
Bb plastics fairing
Airblade double bubble screen
Full akrapovic race system
Mesh air filter

Soon to have a re graphed cdi unit which improves mid range massively and gain another 1-2bhp through the range hoping for 110bhp so a gain of 5bhp

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:03 am 
Scratcher2

And the two bikes together, think the cbr had a word with the hornet about being reliable as the hornet has been much better since :) the bottle of redex has nothig to do with it

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:10 am 
Knob Magnet

thats the same system i just sold welsh 8o

370Steve

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 am 
Scratcher2

370steve wrote:

i paid £450 for everything in the picture brand new :) pipe kit from italy and the can from demon tweaks :evil

funny thing is the pipe kit was obviously old stock as it was reduced from 800 euro to 300 euro

and the can from £510 to £185 :angel old stock from demon tweaks outlet

now i have to buy the correct carbon hanger at £60 :eek

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:04 am 
Scratcher2

guy martins brother was racing at cadwell (can see people stood outside a tent in the picture with the 93 flag)

so got guy to sign my seat unit :D wasn't easy and he was more interested in looking at the motor to see if i was cheating haha

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm 
Scratcher2

370steve wrote:

you wouldnt happen to know the code for the carbon strap? i measured the gsxr can od and the one i have and it was the same so ordered a TQ6 :Pray praying its correct strap

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:57 pm 
Knob Magnet

no idea mate, got that system off of a crashed CBR :)

370Steve

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm 
Scratcher2

as it stands today -

tidying the wiring although my girlfriend thinks valentines is more important than wiring I DISAGREE but hey ho im under the thumb... :cry

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am 
Hornet Warrior

jackojeff wrote:
370steve wrote:

you wouldnt happen to know the code for the carbon strap? i measured the gsxr can od and the one i have and it was the same so ordered a TQ6 :Pray praying its correct strap

If you've still not sorted this give Tweeks another ring. They can get stuff like this. I could when I worked there in customer service.

As a side note, I met some of the guys from Akrapovic when they came in to do training with us and they made sure they clarified that it's pronounced a-crap-of-itch, which is the name of the guy that started the company.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:46 am 
Scratcher2

Properphatboy wrote:
jackojeff wrote:
370steve wrote:

If you've still not sorted this give Tweeks another ring. They can get stuff like this. I could when I worked there in customer service.

As a side note, I met some of the guys from Akrapovic when they came in to do training with us and they made sure they clarified that it's pronounced a-crap-of-itch, which is the name of the guy that started the company.

your the guy who sold me some sidi boots,harris stand, samco hoses and the guy on the till was a massive prick

oh and you dont know how much ear ache i got because of how long it took, my girlfriend said she wont ever go back with me :rollin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:14 am 
Hornet Warrior

jackojeff wrote:
your the guy who sold me some sidi boots,harris stand, samco hoses and the guy on the till was a massive prick

oh and you dont know how much ear ache i got because of how long it took, my girlfriend said she wont ever go back with me :rollin

Lol. Not me! I never did sales and left 4 1/2 years ago when I got sick of it there.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:24 am 
Scratcher2

Properphatboy wrote:
jackojeff wrote:

Lol. Not me! I never did sales and left 4 1/2 years ago when I got sick of it there.

ohh sorry the lad that sold me them had a blue hornet i put 2 and 2 together and got 9 :angel

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:45 am 
Hornet Warrior

jackojeff wrote:
Properphatboy wrote:
jackojeff wrote:

ohh sorry the lad that sold me them had a blue hornet i put 2 and 2 together and got 9 :angel

Ha ha, no worries. :) Here's looking forward to seeing that can on.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:30 pm 
Scratcher2

after the igni tech ignition was played with :) those dips only exist on the dyno due to the air box not being pressurized

will upload a video of it running later

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 pm 
True Horneteer

jackojeff wrote:

after the igni tech ignition was played with :) those dips only exist on the dyno due to the air box not being pressurized

That doesn't make sense mate, ZX9Rs and ZX7Rs (bikes I'm more familiar with) have ram air systems too and don't have dips on dynos, just if you can pressurise the airbox obviously show more power?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:11 am 
Scratcher2

JoeRock wrote:
jackojeff wrote:

That doesn't make sense mate, ZX9Rs and ZX7Rs (bikes I'm more familiar with) have ram air systems too and don't have dips on dynos, just if you can pressurise the airbox obviously show more power?

yeah i have been doing some thinking going to tape up the air box where it all seals together and see if there is an air leak then if that doesnt help it will be a vacuum test on the carb boots, its not too bad tbh only slightly felt when out on track and by that i mean like a tiny tiny lack in acceleration you only know is there if you are looking for it.

after checking for air leaks if the problem isnt solved i will then go down the route of trying different things with the carbs, but i wont sacrafice driveability for power and the way it is now its wheelieing in 3rd running 14/47 gearing :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 pm 
Scratcher2

Maxton shock

Board index » The Lighter Side » Build and Serious Modification Section