Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 600/599 » Mechanical & Electrical

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:10 am 

Hello everyone, I recently got the Akrapovic Carbone on my Hornet 600 2010, I also have downpipes without catalyst from Blackwidow, needless to say it makes quite a lot of noise ( beautiful ones though ) but it kind of bothering me to move around in the city center making quite a fuss. Has anyone had same experience and succeeded at finding a db killer for it? Thank you so much in advance

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:01 pm 

DemonBlake wrote:
Hello everyone, I recently got the Akrapovic Carbone on my Hornet 600 2010, I also have downpipes without catalyst from Blackwidow, needless to say it makes quite a lot of noise ( beautiful ones though ) but it kind of bothering me to move around in the city center making quite a fuss. Has anyone had same experience and succeeded at finding a db killer for it? Thank you so much in advance

Hello!
This is the slip on installed on my 2007.

It is the hexagonal type with no original DB killer. I contacted an Akra dealer and asked them if any would fit my slip on, and they told me no, and recommended I buy a new silencer from them with a DB killer...
However, after measuring my exhaust carefully and browsing a lot of sites on different Akras, I found a DBkiller that fit the one I have.
It's called

V-TUV049/1

Its not a perfect fit, as it doesn't mount completely flush with the pipe.

Board index » Hornet 600/599 » Mechanical & Electrical