Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Noticeboard » The Black Hole

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

OK, so because the 250 Hornet is so very popular - even in parts of the world like the UK, where it is not an official bike - we are looking to improve things around here for you guys.

To this end, I have asked Borschtsch to help co-ordinate a revamp of this section.

What we want to know is, what you would like to have made available to you. How would you like to see things change around here? Would you like a more readily available knowledge base or technical section?

Whatever ideas you have, can you please let Andreas (Borschtsch) know, as he will be co-ordinating this project for us.

Please remember, we all have full time jobs, and so our time is limited. Please don't expect changes to happen quickly!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 am 
Hornet Warrior

Hey there bud....

Is it possible to have subsections within the '250' heading...?

.... I think having sub-sections such as 'schematics and electrical', 'tyres', 'bodywork', 'exhausts', 'carbs & Injectors' , 'engine and gearbox', 'suspension' etc.... would be a brilliant set up as people can post and search in specific areas.... rather then trawling through 1 heading as we have just now for specific needs...?

You could even have a seperate photo section..... misc section ..... etc etc...

I know I would have found this helpful when I was rebuilding my bike...

Nice to see the site developing.... :)

.... Oh...and a 5.3lt V8 Chevy Truck !!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 am 
Site Admin

We are currently looking at revamping the sections and adding subsections along just these sort of lines, and with the 250 section, this is where Andreas' help will come in, as he will have primary responsibility for the 250 section. We will be doing something similar for the 600 and 900 sections too.

Our main priority is to preserve the knowledge you all have, for present and future owners of Hornets everywhere.

However, we need to wait until Matt has finished doing all the upgrades before we make any such drastic changes. Please remember, we are all volunteers with full time jobs, so changes don't happen overnight

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:29 pm 
Hornet Baby

Not attempting to hijack this thread but would something like this also be possible for the 2007 onwards 600?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

There's not really that much difference mechanically between all the versions of the Hornet (with the exception of the change to fi) to warrant a separate section for the later versions. As long as people clearly state which version they've got, having too many sections confuses things, and gradually, over time, the need for information on the earlier models will be surpassed by that for the 2007 onwards

Board index » Noticeboard » The Black Hole