Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Hornet 250 » General chat

Post subject: Re: 19,000rpm
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:28 pm 

That's weird... a rev-limiter only when you ride!?
Is this limiter kicking in in every gear? Or only in 6th gear? ...which could be the "normal" speed limiter on a CBR250RR CDI.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:52 pm 

Hi!

The limiter kicking in in every gear.
Can I cut the orange/blue wire to derestrict it?

Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:16 pm 

NunoM wrote:
Can I cut the orange/blue wire to derestrict it?

I don't know how to derestrict it. Don't cut any wires randomly, if you are not exactly sure what you are doing! Maybe someone else here has a better idea on how to resolve your problem. Or any local bike mechanic may take a look at it?!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am 

Yeah, let's see if anyone can help me.

Thanks man!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:37 am 

Borschtsch is great that your bike has passed the 19.000rpm.
But I want to ask:
If the bike reaches more top speed?
Or rather to reach sixth gear the bike is left no power to move from aproximadamete 14000rpm.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:53 am 

artuaro wrote:
If the bike reaches more top speed?
Or rather to reach sixth gear the bike is left no power to move from aproximadamete 14000rpm.

Honestly, I have not tested it for top speed. This is freaking dangerous in the crazy traffic and road conditions here! Only very few places (like very long bridges) where I would be able to do a top speed run.
But you are right, there is not much power above 14,000rpm. When I ride normally, I usually do not go higher than 16,000rpm or so. I would like to see a complete dyno-chart... expecting a sharp drop in power above 14,000rpm.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 am 
Hornet Warrior

we have the same aftermarket cdi, with an aftermarket freeflow airfilter, all else stock, there is more power past 16000 rpm.
on stock cdi, i could only reach 14000rpm on the 6th maybe because i am 90kg unlike those lightweight japanese, that is around 159-160kph on my speedometer

aftermarket cdi i could reach past 16000 faster, on 17000rpm i am nearyly at 170kph, and the rpm is still going up

aftermarket cdi
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1097870_10152109814952818_1293552193_o.jpg

vid to prove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp7Kidq3-Ck

plus my fuel consumption is less even if I ride my hornet like a madman

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:01 am 

reiluke wrote:
we have the same aftermarket cdi, with an aftermarket freeflow airfilter, all else stock, there is more power past 16000 rpm.

Yes, seems the same CDI. I have a BMC air filter.
Exhaust is not stock on my bike. And I can't say there is much more power after 16000rpm.
But overall I would say the torque curve is much improved, overall better power and ridability.

reiluke wrote:
i could reach past 16000 faster, on 17000rpm i am nearyly at 170kph, and the rpm is still going up

Somehow it doesn't really look like 160+ ...maybe more like 120-130 max. ... but that could be a camera issue.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 am 
Hornet Warrior

Borschtsch wrote:
reiluke wrote:

Yes, seems the same CDI. I have a BMC air filter.
Exhaust is not stock on my bike. And I can't say there is much more power after 16000rpm.
But overall I would say the torque curve is much improved, overall better power and ridability.

reiluke wrote:
i could reach past 16000 faster, on 17000rpm i am nearyly at 170kph, and the rpm is still going up

Somehow it doesn't really look like 160+ ...maybe more like 120-130 max. ... but that could be a camera issue.

we too hve the same airfilter(bmc), im on stock pipe though. it was recorded at 60 frames per second and stablized by powerdirector, maybe looks slow but at my previous ride really, cant get up to 16krpm with stock cdi.

overall the aftermarket cdi is worth its price

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:51 am 
True Horneteer

lol WTF those scooters are as fats as your 250 ??

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:33 pm 
Hornet Warrior

they are called underbone , when modified bigger valvs, pistons, cranks, carbs they tend to do 180kph speedo around 150-60kph gps, power over weight ratio, they are fun to ride

Post subject: Aftermarket CDI defect
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:17 am 

About two weeks ago I was going for a short ride on my Hornet, when suddenly the engine died. Revs indicated on the tacho went to zero and I was rolling out on the side of the road, like someone suddenly shut off the ignition. I turned the key off, then on again, pressed the starter button and the engine was running fine again.

About a kilometer later the engine died again. Restarting took a little longer this time. I rode a few more minutes and the engine died again. After that I could not restart the engine again.

After checking fuses and looking for any wire damage, I pulled the CDI and checked the connector. Everything looked fine and clean. So I was concluding that the CDI must have died. Unfortunately there was no more warranty on this part, as it was almost exactly 2 years that I have installed it.

As I have sold my original CDI already, I decided to buy another aftermarket piece, actually the same Chinese made one as before. Lixianda shipped the thing very fast again. So it arrived during my one week business trip to Australia.

Today I finally got to install it, as the bike was still not at my home again. Everything looks good, running fine again. I hope this was a rather unusual problem somehow. But I wanted to let you guys know anyway. I hope noone else experiences the same problem!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:29 pm 

Borschtsch wrote:
About two weeks ago I was going for a short ride on my Hornet, when suddenly the engine died. Revs indicated on the tacho went to zero and I was rolling out on the side of the road, like someone suddenly shut off the ignition. I turned the key off, then on again, pressed the starter button and the engine was running fine again.

About a kilometer later the engine died again. Restarting took a little longer this time. I rode a few more minutes and the engine died again. After that I could not restart the engine again.

After checking fuses and looking for any wire damage, I pulled the CDI and checked the connector. Everything looked fine and clean. So I was concluding that the CDI must have died. Unfortunately there was no more warranty on this part, as it was almost exactly 2 years that I have installed it.

As I have sold my original CDI already, I decided to buy another aftermarket piece, actually the same Chinese made one as before. Lixianda shipped the thing very fast again. So it arrived during my one week business trip to Australia.

Today I finally got to install it, as the bike was still not at my home again. Everything looks good, running fine again. I hope this was a rather unusual problem somehow. But I wanted to let you guys know anyway. I hope noone else experiences the same problem!

Hi Andres,

Long time no talk to you. ( hope you still remember me ^_^ )

It's sad to hear about your CDI's death. I'm thinking about buying an aftermarket CDI for my bike and I'm wondering about the CDI HRC ( not for high way use ).

Looking on Jap google, Jap websites but no information about it.

Can you give me some information about that CDI ?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 am 

LeeVu wrote:
Long time no talk to you. ( hope you still remember me ^_^ )

Sure! :angel
LeeVu wrote:
It's sad to hear about your CDI's death. I'm thinking about buying an aftermarket CDI for my bike and I'm wondering about the CDI HRC ( not for high way use ).
Looking on Jap google, Jap websites but no information about it.
Can you give me some information about that CDI ?

I have seen a used HRC CDI long time ago on a Taiwan auction site. But not sure if it was a genuine or fake HRC CDI.
In the end I got my CDI from Shijiazhuang Lixianda Technology ...here...
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=hornet+250+CDI
Don't forget to check which connector type you need!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:29 pm 

I Plan to get one of the cdi.. But after reading about what hanppened..maybe i will use the stock cdi,,,

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 am 

@#%$ wrote:
I Plan to get one of the cdi.. But after reading about what hanppened..maybe i will use the stock cdi,,,

I still think the aftermarket CDI is much better than the stock CDI. Overall the bike feels much stronger through the whole rev-range. But I would recommend to keep the original CDI as backup.

Board index » Hornet 250 » General chat